TX personal injury case & accident info
Texas, just like any other state, has its share of accidents, negligence and other incidents that can turn your life upside down. Maybe you are facing a new normal now. Or maybe you're wanting to help out a friend who really needs support.
If you had an accident or are sorting out the possibilities of bringing a personal injury suit in the state of Texas, Enjuris offers answers.
Texas personal injury law: the basics
Texas personal injury law - quick reference
- Injury claim process in Texas - an overview
- Statute of limitations in Texas - how long do I have to bring a lawsuit?
- Fault in Texas
- Negligence and Texas state laws
Talking money in Texas
- How is pain and suffering calculated in Texas?
- How much is my injury worth? Calculating injury settlement value in Texas
- Texas damage caps – limits on how much you can be awarded
Resources for accidents & injuries in Texas
Texas court system & rules
- 3 types of civil liability and examples in Texas cases
- Where you live matters - your claim may have a greater chance in these areas of Texas
- Texas courts – where your personal Injury claim goes
Texas personal injury lawyers
We've put together resources to help Texas teens – and all of us on the road – drive safer. See our Drive Safe Programs.
Texas accidents and types of injury cases
- Industrial accident cases in Texas
- Oil industry accidents and laws - an overview
Type of road accident
- DWI/drunk driving accidents
- Blood alcohol content and Texas law
- Hit and run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Taxi, bus and truck driver injuries
- Road defect car accidents
- Texas driving records
- Reckless driving in Texas
- The Texas guide to teen driving liability
- Vehicle rollover accidents in Texas
- Texas car accident injuries
- Car accidents
- Truck/tractor trailer accidents
- Boating/maritime accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle/cycling accidents
- Plane accidents
- Railroad/train accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Fatal car accidents and wrongful death claims
Construction site accidents
Premises liability accidents
Type of case
- Swimming pool accidents
- Wrongful death
- Defective products/product liability
- Pharmaceutical liability
- Property contamination
- Medical malpractice
Type of injury
Need a lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer in Texas
The first meeting with a personal injury attorney is normally free. (Note that some legal specialties are different.) After that, lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means that they will receive a third of the eventual reward, plus whatever office expenses they incur along the way.
If your case proceeds to trial, that percentage could rise to 40% of the eventual reward or judgment. These numbers aren't determined by law, so don't be surprised if your lawyer suggests something else.
Want to hire a lawyer and need some help?
Check out some of our best articles:
Read our complete guide to finding the right injury attorney for your case. Read insights from Enjuris attorneys and lawyers across the USA on when and why you need to hire a car accident attorney. Learn more