442 Heights Blvd Houston, TX 77007
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Phone: (888) 741-6200
About Laura Brown
Nobody ever wants to need an attorney. We certainly understand that. Unfortunately, sometimes bad things happen to good people.
If you can just imagine a situation where somebody in your family has been seriously injured, would you know what to do to put their lives back together and protect their future? Choosing the right attorney can make a major difference in the lives of your family.
And just like most things in life, it's pretty simple: Experience and results matter.
Do your homework before you hire an attorney. Meet the attorney in person and ask about the attorney's track record so that you can see the results the attorney has gotten in other cases.
We put our track record right on our website for everyone to look at. If we talk with you and we aren't the right lawyers for you, we will help you find the one that is right for you.
You Don't Pursue Justice. You FIGHT for It. Laura has handled birth injury cases across the country, securing multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for her clients in birth injury and medical malpractice lawsuits nationwide.
While past results cannot guarantee a positive outcome in your case, it can give you insight into this attorney’s prior successes.
Laura Brown has dedicated her career to being an advocate for individuals, children and families who've been hurt due to another person's negligence. In 2000, she launched her own personal injury law firm to focus on cases in Texas and nationwide, and she is especially passionate about birth injuries.
Laura attended Baylor University as an undergraduate premedical student, graduating with a degree in biology. Though she was destined to be a trial lawyer like her father and grandfather before her, her pre-med background was the perfect training for her ultimate calling: fighting for the victims of negligence. She was admitted to the Texas Bar in 1992 and has served her community ever since.
Laura is passionate about representing children who have been hurt at or near the time of birth due to negligent medical care. These are babies who have suffered serious injuries because of medical negligence and preventable medical errors.
As a mother of 2, Laura understands the heartache that mothers and fathers feel when their child is hurt and needs help. She has a passion for representing children who have been injured and their families. She is also a third-generation trial attorney, and she grew up watching both her father and grandfather practice law. "As the old saying goes, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree," Laura says.
Personal Injuries & Accidents
In addition to birth injury and medical negligence cases, Laura skillfully represents people and families who have suffered serious injuries or death through no fault of their own. Whether it's going toe to toe against trucking companies, insurers, corporations or hospitals, she's not afraid to fight for what's best for her clients. She believes that every person and company should be held accountable for the injuries and damage they cause.
Laura is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization — a distinction only held by 10% of Texas attorneys. She has represented clients in wrongful death and injury cases resulting from serious car accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck wrecks, personal injury, defective products, and more.
More About Laura
Outside of the law firm, Laura is also an adjunct professor at Baylor Law School teaching Advanced Trial Preparation and Personal Injury Trial Law. In addition, she is active in the legal community, often lecturing on advanced medical malpractice through the Texas Bar CLE, the American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
Outside of the firm, Laura is a pilot, skydiver, scuba diver, and a black-belt kickboxer. Her husband, Mark, is a commercial airline pilot. They both enjoy running, mountain biking, water skiing, and snow skiing.
Our Clients Say It Best
Part of our family
My family and I were involved in a terrible crash that killed my husband and injured me and my children. It was devastating, and we wanted to know what happened. We researched lawyers and interviewed several different ones.
The first time I met Mrs. Brown, or Laura as she asked us to call her, I knew right away she was the attorney and the helping Hand we needed to go forward with our situation. She traveled to meet us in our home instead of making us travel to meet her. She was both professional and friendly on a personal level the entire time as we went through the process all the way to trial. The jury found for us.
There were stories about our case in different newspapers. I got an email from a friend to let me know that the company her boyfriend worked for had actually changed their company policy to make it safer as a result of our case.
We still keep in contact with Laura and I feel like she is a little part of our family now.”
The Best in Texas
I’ve worked with these lawyers and I’ve worked against them. I’ve learned to regard this firm as one of the very best trial firms in Texas.”
-Matt Dawson, Dawson & Sodd, LLP
They tried every avenue for my case
They really cared about me. They went the extra mile, trying every avenue they could to work on my case. They were very understanding and I would gladly refer friends to their firm.”
-Jane Gates, Moody
We could call them day or night
A friend referred us to the firm. These lawyers were down home, very understanding and easy to talk to. If my husband or I had any problems, we could call them day or night. They never kept us in the dark and always made sure we knew what was going on.”
-Tina Taylor, Granbury
Education and Experience
Baylor University (graduated in 1989)
Law School Attended
Baylor University School of Law (graduated in 1992)
Bar Admissions and Certifications
Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- American Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- Adjunct Professor, Baylor Law, teaching Advanced Trial Preparation
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar of Texas District 8B Grievance Committee
- Leadership Waco Alumna
- Molly Martinson Foundation, Board Member
- YMCA, Former Board of Managers
- Heart of Texas Legal Aid, Former Board of Directors
- Kids & Company, Former Board of Directors
- Food for Family Food Drive, McLennan County, Texas (since 2011)
Honors and Awards
- Featured in Super Lawyers “The Annual List of Top Attorneys” in Texas
- Co-author of the third revision of “Proving Damages to the Jury,” along with Baylor Law professor Jim Wren
- Named a Super Lawyer in the Texas Monthly Super Lawyer publication
- Texas Super Lawyer - Super Lawyers
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers (2012-2015)
- Visit Our Texas Injury Law Firm
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Cerebral Palsy
- National Birth Injury Attorneys
- Can the Brain Recover from a Hypoxic Brain Injury?
- What Are Signs of Umbilical Cord Problems?
- Houston Traumatic Birth Injury Attorney Discusses Brain Cooling Treatment for Newborns
- Other Birth Injuries
- Feeling Sad or Hopeless After Having a Baby? It’s Time To Seek Help.
- What Does Your Baby’s Apgar Score Tell You About Their Health?
- New Study Suggests Differences in Babies With HIE and CHD Injuries
- Hospital Liability For Patient Injuries After a Cyberattack?
- The Little-Discussed “Invisible” Scars from a Birth Injury