Ask an attorney

How can I get help for an injury while in jail?

Asked by user in Georgia.

I was arrested on April 11 after ingesting 4 grams of meth. I told the officer who charged me with destroying evidence that it was just a bad weak experience in Dawsonville jail. I was never treated and hurt myself in there. Please help me. I'm not the same anymore.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I’m sorry you went through this experience. I would recommend contacting your local Georgia Legal Aid. The office may be able to help you with any legal issues and, if not, they can refer you to someone who can help.

Additionally, if you’re experiencing mental health issues, you should consider contacting the Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL) at 1-800-715-4225 (available 24/7) for access to services and immediate crisis help.

Free downloads

Your First Meeting with an Attorney
A worksheet to prepare for your first meeting with a personal injury attorney – what to bring, what they'll ask
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134