LIMITED OFFER: 50% Off* Contributor Profiles in April. Use code contributor50 during checkout. Join now
Ask an attorney

How can I find assistance for a property damage claim?

Asked by user in North Carolina.

Leaky piping caused water damage throughout my apartment.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the piping in your apartment. If your insurance company is wrongfully denying your claim or otherwise acting unreasonably, you may be able to file a bad faith lawsuit against the insurance company. You can find an attorney near you using our free online directory. Most initial consultations are free.

Keep in mind that your landlord may also be responsible for the water damage if the landlord failed to repair the issue in a reasonable amount of time. The piping manufacturer may also be liable if the piping was defective. Your attorney can explore all of these options.

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134


Do you have a question?
Ask a Lawyer

It’s free, anonymous and confidential.
Premises Liability
Previously Answered Questions