LIMITED OFFER: 50% Off* Contributor Profiles in April. Use code contributor50 during checkout. Join now
Ask an attorney

What can I do if my attorney is not communicating with me?

Asked by user in California.

I was injured at a Los Angeles Metro Station. It was dark, the escalator was not on, and the elevator had been used as a lavatory for homeless people. I slipped on the stairs and the lights did not turn on until after my fall.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

It sounds like you may be able to file a premises liability claim against the owner of the metro station (usually a government entity).

The California State Bar Association has some helpful resources to help you resolve a dispute with your attorney.

Keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in California (the time is especially limited when suing the government). Consequently, if your attorney hasn’t yet filed a lawsuit, you might want to consider terminating the relationship and finding a new attorney immediately so you don’t risk missing the filing deadline (at which point you would be barred from filing the lawsuit altogether).

If you need help finding an attorney in California, you can use our free online directory.

Free downloads

Personal Injury Attorney Interview Sheet
Worksheet with questions to ask a personal injury attorney to help determine if he or she will be a good fit for your case
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134


Do you have a question?
Ask a Lawyer

It’s free, anonymous and confidential.
Premises Liability
Previously Answered Questions