LIMITED OFFER: 50% Off* Contributor Profiles in April. Use code contributor50 during checkout. Join now
Ask an attorney

If I think my doctor is going to refuse to provide treatment, what are my options?

Asked by user in Ohio.

I have been seen by one doctor throughout my pregnancy. I have about a month to go. This doctor has always rushed my appointments. He is trying to make me feel like a crappy mother/ignorant child. I don’t feel like this doctor is going to respect my wishes. I don’t feel safe. I feel like he might even decline to provide the rest of my treatment. I have tried getting transferred but no one will take me this late.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I’m so sorry you are having a difficult time with your doctor.

To file a lawsuit, you must have an “injury in fact.” This means that you must have suffered a legally recognizable injury. Unfortunately, the fear that you might be declined treatment is not sufficient to file a lawsuit. However, if your doctor ultimately fails to treat you properly, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.

You can, however, file a complaint with the State Board of Ohio online. The Board will investigate your complaint and help you resolve the issue.

Free downloads

Personal Injury Attorney Interview Sheet
Worksheet with questions to ask a personal injury attorney to help determine if he or she will be a good fit for your case
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134