3940 Montclair Rd, Suite 401 Birmingham, AL 35213
Open 24 Hours
Phone: (205) 346-6038
About Bernard D. Nomberg
For someone who has just suffered a significant injury, the legal system can be confusing and overwhelming.
Bernard understands that obtaining the best outcome for his clients is a big part of his job, but he also understands that it's important to help his clients feel as comfortable and reassured as possible throughout the process.
Whether it's a relatively minor work injury or a serious car accident resulting in a lifelong disability, Bernard wants to extend a steady hand to guide you through the difficult process.
Schedule a free initial consultation with Bernard Nomberg today and find out why he's the right lawyer for your case.
Bernard Nomberg, one of the founding partners of Nomberg Law Firm, has practiced law in the greater Birmingham area for more than 25 years. Focusing on the areas of workers' compensation, Social Security disability, and personal injury claims, he has earned the respect of his clients and peers.
Bernard received his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University, where he majored in history and played football on a full athletic scholarship. Inspired by watching his father practice law growing up, Bernard attended law school at Jones School of Law.
After graduating from law school, Bernard worked at a large law firm for several years before founding Nomberg Law Firm with his brother, David Nomberg.
Bernard is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts of Alabama and the 11th Circuit United States Court of Appeals.
Bernard is active in the legal community. He is a member of the Birmingham Bar Workers' Compensation and Solo/Small Firm Sections. He is also a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, the Birmingham Bar Association, and the Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG). He currently serves on the WILG Board of Directors.
Bernard has enjoyed a distinguished career as an attorney. He was a recipient of the WILG Rising Star Award in 2020. In addition, he has been selected as a "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers Magazine, a "Top-Rated Attorney" by B-Metro Magazine, and a "Top Attorney" by Birmingham Magazine. Finally, Bernard has earned an AV Rating, the highest peer-review rating possible from Martindale-Hubbell.
In his free time, Bernard enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, playing sports, collecting baseball cards, and traveling. He is a frequent participant in community projects and fundraisers.
Education and Experience
Vanderbilt University (1990)
Law School Attended
Thomas Goode Jones School of Law (1994)
Bar Admissions and Certifications
- Alabama Bar Association (1994)
- Birmingham Bar Association (1994)
- Birmingham Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section
- Birmingham Bar Association’s Solo/Small Firm Section
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG)
Honors and Awards
- Selected for Mid-South, Top 50 – Alabama (2022)
- WILG Rising Star Award (2020)
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2013 – 2022)
- Selected as a “Top-Rated Attorney” by B-Metro Magazine
- Selected as a “Top Attorney'' by Birmingham Magazine
- Earned an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Bernard Nomberg bio page
- What is OSHA and what’s its role in my workers’ compensation claim?
- My workers’ compensation case is pending, can I file for bankruptcy?
- Maximize the value of your workers’ compensation claim
- B-Metro names Nomberg partners top attorneys for 2021
- Podcast: Nomberg Law Year in Review