619 2nd Ave S Great Falls, MT 59405
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Phone: (406) 452-2345
About Thomas J. Murphy
Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference in the world for you and your family.
Tom Murphy understands this better than anyone.
In the U.S., we have an adversarial system of justice. Your adversary will typically be the insurance company, which possesses immense power and money. Insurance companies act through innumerable experts and attorneys. You will be in a fight, and you will need someone on your side.
Tom is happy to fight for you. The best part of his job is giving a client a check that will put them back on track for life. Though getting there can be a challenge, it's one Tom Murphy takes personally.
Case Verdicts and Settlements
The Murphy Law Firm has recovered millions in wrongfully denied benefits:
While past results cannot guarantee a positive outcome in your case, it can give you insight into this attorney's prior successes.
Exclusively representing workers' compensation and personal injury claimants, Tom Murphy has provided outstanding legal representation to thousands of injured clients throughout Montana. With over 34 years of professional legal experience, he is passionate about protecting the rights of his clients. He has successfully litigated numerous workers' compensation and personal injury claims to verdict.
Tom graduated from the University of Montana Law School in 1985. He founded Murphy Law Firm in 1998, after 12 years of litigation practice with a large law firm in Great Falls. He frequently practices before both state and federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
Education and Experience
Montana State University (1979)
Law School Attended
University of Montana Law School
Bar Admissions and Certifications
State Bar of Montana (1985)
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association (MTLA) (Workers' Compensation section)
- MTLA Board of Directors
- Board of the Directors for the Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
Honors and Awards
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association's Appellate Advocacy Award
- Recognized by Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG) as one of the nation's top 100 injured workers' attorneys
- Fellow in The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers (the first and only lawyer in Montana to be invited)
- WILG President's Award (2019 & 2021)
- Visit Our Montana Injury Law Firm
- Tom Murphy Interviewed by Alabama Work Comp Today
- Tom Murphy Interviewed by Enjuris About Effects of COVID-19 on the Legal Profession
- Pros & Cons of Settling Your Montana Workers' Compensation Case
- Murphy Law is a Proud Member of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Tom Murphy's Website Bio
- Murphy Law Firm's Workers' Compensation Page
- Murphy Law Firm's Personal Injury Page
- Tom J. Murphy Awarded WILG's Prestigious President's Award
- Tom Murphy is the Only Montana Attorney to Join the College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Publications and Media Appearances
- “The Defense Perspective in Workers' Compensation: An Interview with Tom Martello,” Trial Trends, Autumn 2019 Edition