2725 Devine St, Columbia, SC 29205
Phone: (803) 233-7050
About Graham Newman
Throughout his career, Graham Newman has made a habit of getting results.
He has argued cases before the South Carolina Circuit Court, the South Carolina Court of Appeals, and the South Carolina Supreme Court. His trial court victories have included a $14.5 million insurance bad faith verdict, an $8 million class-action judgment and a $4.75 million products liability verdict.
Reach out to Graham today for a FREE consultation to find out how he can help you.
Graham Newman has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his clients.
While past results cannot guarantee a positive outcome in your case, they can give you insight into this attorney's prior successes.
Graham Newman's practice focuses on complex litigation, including products liability and class-action lawsuits.
Graham graduated from the University of South Carolina in 2001 with a bachelor's degree in English and history. He then graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2004.
In 2014, Graham joined Chappell, Chappell & Newman, LLC. During his career, Graham has briefed numerous appeals before the South Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. He's also argued cases before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
In addition to practicing law, Graham teaches an undergraduate legal course through the University of South Carolina Honors College and serves on several boards and committees dedicated to the improvement of the judicial system.
Graham is married to Jenny Honeycutt Newman, who is also an attorney. The couple has a young son, a Portuguese water dog and a 2-year-old King Charles cavalier spaniel. Graham enjoys spending time with his family on Lake Murray and attending as many South Carolina Gamecock sporting events as possible.
Education and experience
University of South Carolina (2001)
Law school attended
University of South Carolina School of Law (2004)
Bar admissions and certifications
- South Carolina Bar (2004)
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals (2006)
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina (2007)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2008)
- Appleseed Legal Justice Center (current)
- Alumni Advisor, Blockchain Law Society, University of South Carolina School of Law (2022-present)
- Chair, Consumer & Securities Law Section, South Carolina Association of Justice (2019-present)
- John Belton O’Neill Inn of Court (2014-2016)
Honors and awards
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (2013-2019)
- 2019-2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© (Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- Enjuris Million Dollar Advocate (2022-2023)