LIMITED OFFER: 50% Off* Contributor Profiles in April. Use code contributor50 during checkout. Join now
Ask an attorney

What can I do if my employer fired me and is threatening to evict me?

Asked by user in Mississippi.

I have worked for my employer for almost a year now. I was living in my vehicle when I started working for him. He bought a camper and put it on his land and started renting it to me. Now he has fired me and threatened to physically harm me if I don't move out immediately! What can I do??

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I’m sorry this is happening to you.

Your landlord is not allowed to physically remove you from your rental unit. In Mississippi, there is an eviction process that the landlord must follow. This process involves providing notice, filing an eviction action in court, and obtaining an order of eviction.

If you’re concerned for your safety, I recommend contacting the police and applying for a restraining order.

If you feel you are being wrongfully evicted, I recommend reaching out to an attorney. If you can’t afford an attorney, consider contacting The Mississippi Center, an organization that offers free legal assistance to low-income individuals.

Free downloads

Your First Meeting with an Attorney
A worksheet to prepare for your first meeting with a personal injury attorney – what to bring, what they'll ask
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134


Do you have a question?
Ask a Lawyer

It’s free, anonymous and confidential.
Premises Liability
Previously Answered Questions