Ask an attorney

How do I tell my lawyer to leave me and my case alone?

Asked by user in Nevada.

I’m afraid of what he’s capable of and I need to be rid of him.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I’m sorry you’re having problems with your lawyer.

You always have the right to terminate your relationship with your attorney and hire a different attorney. Read more about how to fire an attorney and protect your legal rights here.

Additionally, you should consider filing a complaint with the Nevada State Bar. The Nevada State Bar can investigate complaints of professional misconduct filed against an attorney. If those allegations are substantiated, formal disciplinary proceedings can be initiated. You can find more information about filing a complaint with the Nevada State Bar here.

Free downloads

Your First Meeting with an Attorney
A worksheet to prepare for your first meeting with a personal injury attorney – what to bring, what they'll ask
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134