Ask an attorney

What can I do if I was forced to be with a man that took me hostage in my own house that I was paying for and forced me to have his children?

Asked by user in Georgia.

I suffer with an aneurysm on the stem of my brain and have fractures in L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 and T11 of my spine. He has robed, killed people, beat and raped women and children.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I’m so sorry that you are going through all of this.

First and foremost, I would recommend filing a police report so this man can be charged for his crimes. Once the police are involved, you can reach out to a personal injury lawyer so that you can file a civil lawsuit to recover damages for the injuries he caused.

Here are a few other resources I would recommend contacting for assistance:

Free downloads

Your First Meeting with an Attorney
A worksheet to prepare for your first meeting with a personal injury attorney – what to bring, what they'll ask
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134