Ask an attorney

How do I start a lawsuit against a game developer if they have admitted they wronged me?

Asked by user in Washington.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

It's hard to provide specifics without knowing the details of your lawsuit. Generally speaking, to start a lawsuit you need to:

  1. File a complaint with the proper court and pay the associated filing fee, and
  2. Serve the defendant with a copy of the complaint and summons.

A complaint sets forth the facts of your case, the defendant's liability, and how much money you're demanding. A summons is simply a document that notifies the defendant that they're being sued.

Once the defendant receives a copy of the complaint, they will have a chance to respond. The court will then issue a scheduling order setting forth the next steps and deadlines.

You can learn more about how to sue someone and find a lawyer near you using our free online directory.

Free downloads

Personal Injury Attorney Interview Sheet
Worksheet with questions to ask a personal injury attorney to help determine if he or she will be a good fit for your case
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134