Laura Brown has dedicated her career to being an advocate for individuals, children and families who’ve been hurt due to another person’s negligence. In 2000, she launched her own personal injury law firm to focus on cases in Texas and nationwide, and she is especially passionate about birth injuries.
Laura attended Baylor University as an undergraduate premedical student, graduating with a degree in biology. Though she was destined to be a trial lawyer like her father and grandfather before her, her pre-med background was the perfect training for her ultimate calling: fighting for the victims of negligence. She was admitted to the Texas Bar in 1992 and has served her community ever since.
Laura is passionate about representing children who have been hurt at or near the time of birth due to negligent medical care. These are babies who have suffered serious injuries because of medical negligence and preventable medical errors.
According to Laura:
“Experience and results matter. When I talk to the parents of a child who has suffered a severe injury at birth, they are devastated. Parents feel lost with no idea what to do. Those families need help understanding what happened and why. When the injury was preventable, they need someone to fight for them. That is what I do as a trial lawyer—fight for the child and the family. We will fight on your behalf. We will help you find answers to your questions and peace of mind about your child’s future.”
As a mother of 2, Laura understands the heartache that mothers and fathers feel when their child is hurt and needs help. She has a passion for representing children who have been injured and their families. She is also a third-generation trial attorney, and she grew up watching both her father and grandfather practice law. “As the old saying goes, the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree,” Laura says.
Laura has handled birth injury cases across the country, securing multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for her clients in birth injury and medical malpractice lawsuits nationwide.
Personal injuries & accidents
In addition to birth injury and medical negligence cases, Laura skillfully represents people and families who have suffered serious injuries or death through no fault of their own. Whether it’s going toe to toe against trucking companies, insurers, corporations or hospitals, she’s not afraid to fight for what’s best for her clients. She believes that every person and company should be held accountable for the injuries and damage they cause.
“I’m a trial lawyer. If I believe that someone has been wronged and that person’s life or the lives of the family members have been devastated, I am going to fight for them with everything that I have.”
Laura is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization — a distinction only held by 10% of Texas attorneys. She has represented clients in wrongful death and injury cases resulting from serious car accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck wrecks, personal injury, defective products, and more.
More about Laura
Outside of the law firm, Laura is also an adjunct professor at Baylor Law School teaching Advanced Trial Preparation and Personal Injury Trial Law. In addition, she is active in the legal community, often lecturing on advanced medical malpractice through the Texas Bar CLE, the American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
Outside of the firm, Laura is a pilot, skydiver, scuba diver, and a black-belt kickboxer. Her husband, Mark, is a commercial airline pilot. They both enjoy running, mountain biking, water skiing, and snow skiing.
Law School Attended
- Texas Bar Association (since 1992)
Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2008)
- American Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Chapter President (2019-present)
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group
Executive Board Member
- Adjunct Professor, Baylor Law, teaching Advanced Trial Preparation
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
Director (2002-2004, since 2015)
Former Board of Directors
- American Board of Trial Advocates (since 2015)
- State Bar of Texas District 8B Grievance Committee
- Leadership Waco Alumna
- Molly Martinson Foundation, Board Member (since 2014)
- YMCA, Former Board of Managers
- Heart of Texas Legal Aid, Former Board of Directors
- Kids & Company, Former Board of Directors
- Food for Family Food Drive, McLennan County, Texas (since 2011)
Honors and Awards
- Featured in Super Lawyers “The Annual List of Top Attorneys” in Texas (2019)
- Co-author of the third revision of “Proving Damages to the Jury,” along with Baylor Law professor, Jim Wren
- Named a Super Lawyer in the Texas Monthly Super Lawyer publication
- Texas Super Lawyer - Super Lawyers (2017-2020)
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers (2012-2015)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.