3501 Monroe Rd Charlotte, NC 28205
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Phone: (704) 342-2243
About Annemarie Pantazis
Annemarie Pantazis is an expert in worker injury law and has dedicated her career to advocating for people who are injured in the workplace.
Workers' compensation law is a touchstone of legal practice. The heart of personal injury practice is to make a plaintiff “whole,” or to restore them to the financial condition they would be in if the injury hadn't happened.
The difference between personal injury and workers' compensation law is that personal injury hinges on a finding of negligence, or that the injury happened because of someone's fault. Workers' compensation insurance is provided to a worker without a finding of fault or negligence; you usually only need to prove that you were engaged in a work-related activity at the time of the injury and that it's related to that activity.
While this seems straightforward, it can be nuanced for a variety of reasons and there are plenty of circumstances when the insurer might reject a claim.
If that happens to you after an injury, or if you believe the amount offered in benefits does not cover the entirety of your expenses, you need an experienced workers' compensation lawyer to navigate the system on your behalf.
The Wilder Pantazis team has decades of combined experience in workers' compensation law and will work to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Annemarie is a board-certified workers' compensation specialist and has authored several publications and teaches continuing legal education on the topic.
She completed her degrees at the College of William & Mary and Wake Forest University School of Law.
Annemarie began her career in a law firm that defended workers' compensation and personal injury claims but soon decided that her preference was to represent individuals who were injured.
She is licensed in every North Carolina state court, along with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Annemarie also is involved with a nationwide organization that advocates for workers' compensation victims.
Education and Experience
The College of William & Mary (graduated in 1994)
Law School Attended
Wake Forest University School of Law (graduated in 1999)
Bar Admissions and Certifications
North Carolina State Bar (admitted in 1999)
- Workers’ Compensation Specialization Committee Member
- Responsible for Drafting Questions and Grading Specialized Exam
Mecklenburg County Bar
- Small and Solo Practice Committee
North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- Workers’ Compensation Section Executive Committee Member (2009 - present)
- Workers’ Compensation Section Chair (2017 - 2018)
- Workers’ Compensation Legislative Committee (2016 - 2018)
- Workers’ Compensation Section Officer (2015 - 2017)
- PAC Committee Member (2013 - 2016)
- NCAJ Board of Governors (2008 - 2014, 2017 - 2018)
- Annual Convention Co-Chair (2012)
NC Dispute Resolution Commissions
- Workers’ Compensation Mediator (March 2019 - present)
North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA)
- Workers’ Compensation Section (2002 - present)
- Workers’ Compensation Council Member (2015 - 2018)
Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Executive Committee Member (2009 - present)
- Nomination Committee
- Membership Committee
- Annual CLE Committee
- Annual CLE Co-Chair (2014)
American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- Bobbitt Inn of Court
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association (STLA)
- Charlotte Women’s Bar
Honors and Awards
- US News Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year Award – Workers’ Compensation Claimants” (2019)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Attorneys in Charlotte (2018 - 2021)
- Lawyers Weekly Leaders in the Law Award (2017)
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in North Carolina (2015 - 2016, 2018 - 2021)
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Attorneys in North Carolina (2015 - 2021)
- Super Lawyers Recognition in the area of Workers’ Compensation (2014 - 2020)
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG) Rising Star Award (2013)
- AVVO Client’s Choice Recognition in Workers’ Compensation and 10.0 “Superb” Rating
- “Rising Star” by North Carolina Super Lawyers (2009 - 2013)
- Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award (2011)
- “Top Young Lawyer” recognition by Charlotte Magazine
- Best of Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Award (2010)
- “Standout Charlottean” Award by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2010)
- Ranked #30 Small Business in NC by Business Leader Magazine
- Named Top 300 Small Businesses in the South by Business Leader Magazine
- NC Advocates for Justice Order of Service Award Winner (2009 - 2017)
- National Association of Professional Women Award Winner
- Super Lawyers Best of the Best 2020 Top 100 NC Attorneys
- Super Lawyers Best of the Best 2020 Top 50 Female Attorneys
- Super Lawyers Best of the Best 2020 Top 25 Charlotte Attorneys