16 Lenox Pointe NE Atlanta, GA 30324
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Phone: (678) 802-8650
About Thomas Holder
Nobody wants or expects to need an attorney. Unfortunately, sometimes bad things happen to good people. Even the most cautious worker can suffer a work-related injury.
If you’ve been injured on the job, you should know that you have legal rights under Georgia’s workers’ compensation laws.
With more than 3 decades of experience, Tom Holder is ready and able to fight for you. Schedule your free consultation today.
The following are examples of past settlement results that the Gerber & Holder team have obtained for their clients:
While past results cannot guarantee a positive outcome in your case, it can give you insight into this attorney’s prior successes.
Tom Holder is an award-winning workers’ compensation attorney.
After graduating from Emory University School of Law, Tom worked as an attorney at 2 highly respected law firms. In 1986, he founded his own law firm in Atlanta where he represented injured workers for 32 years.
In 2010, Tom joined forces with Atlanta workers’ compensation attorney Ben Gerber to form the law firm of Gerber & Holder. Today, Tom’s practice is exclusively devoted to representing injured workers in Georgia. He is a nationally known and award-winning attorney in the area of workers’ compensation law.
Education and Experience
Case Western Reserve University (1977)
Law School Attended
Emory University School of Law (1981)
Bar Admissions and Certifications
State Bar of Georgia (1981)
- AV, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Georgia Top 100
- Fellow, Knights of the Bar, 2017
- Fellow, The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, 2017
- Fellow, Lawyers’ Foundation of Georgia
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (national organization of attorneys who represent injured workers), President-Elect, 2017 – 2018
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group, Treasurer, 2016 – 2017
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group, Secretary, 2015 – 2016
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group, Board Member, 2013 – 2015
- Georgia Injured Workers Advocates, Executive Committee, 2015 – 2018
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club, 2007 – Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Executive Committee, 1992 – Present
- State Bar of Georgia Workers’ Compensation, Chair, 2000 – 2001
- Atlanta Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section, Founding Chair, 1986 – 1989
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, 1988 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 28th Edition (2022)
- Georgia State Bar Workers’ Compensation Lifetime Achievement Award (2022)
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2004 – 2017
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017
- Georgia Super Lawyer Top 100 (2012 – 2013, 2015-2017, 2020)
- Georgia Super Lawyer, Blue Ribbon Selection Committee, 2008 – 2009
- Avvo.Com Rating of 10.0 out of 10
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1986
- WorkCompCentral’s prestigious Comp Laude® Award as a top Applicant/Claimant Attorney (2020)
- Visit Our Georgia Work Inury Law Firm
- Tom Holder Awarded Workers' Compensation Lifetime Achievement Award
- Why Workers’ Compensation Cases Need Better Communication
- Tom Holder Wins Prestigious 2020 Comp Laude® Award from WorkCompCentral
- FAQs & Questions to Ask Your Workers’ Comp Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation for Catastrophic Injury Claims