Ask an attorney

What should I do if the insurance company won’t pay for all the damage to my vehicle?

Asked by user in Ohio.

My parked car was hit twice due to an icy road. I feel the damage was also on my right front fender because my wheel was turned inward up against the curb. The at-fault driver’s insurance company only wants to pay for the back.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

I’m sorry this happened to you.

It’s not uncommon for an insurance company to offer you less money to settle your claim than you deserve. You always have the right to counter the adjuster’s initial settlement offer. To do so, submit the amount that you believe you deserve to the insurance company in writing. Be sure to include any evidence that you may have (auto shop estimates, photographs, police reports, witness statements, etc.).

You can go through this process without a lawyer, but a lawyer can be extremely helpful when it comes to negotiating with an insurance company.

To find a personal injury attorney near you, consider using our free online directory.

Free downloads

Damages/Expenses Worksheet
Damages worksheet to track expenses for your injury claim (medical treatment, property damage, lost wages, prescriptions)
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134



How to Find the Right Car Accident Attorney for You

So you've been involved in a car accident and think you may have a case. How do you find the right attorney to help you?

Read our complete guide to finding the right injury attorney for your case. Read insights from Enjuris attorneys and lawyers across the USA on when and why you need to hire a car accident attorney. Learn more

Do you have a question?
Ask a Lawyer

It’s free, anonymous and confidential.
Car Accident, DUI, DWI Previously Answered Questions