Ask an attorney

What can I do if I can’t find the police report for my accident?

Asked by user in Michigan.

The city hall where I live couldn't find the police report when I called about the accident/property damage.

Answered by Enjuris Editors:

To request a copy of a Michigan State Police incident report, you need to submit an RI-101 Request for Public Records document. You can learn more about submitting the document here, and you can submit the document here.

To request a traffic crash report, you can do so using the Traffic Crash Purchasing System (TCPS). If you continue to have trouble obtaining the police report, you may need to reach out to an attorney. You can find one using our free online directory. If you think you may qualify for free legal help, contact Michigan Legal Aid.

Free downloads

Accident Report Form
Sample post-accident report form to keep in your glove box - fill out at the scene or as soon as you can after a car accident
Download in PDF format

Enjuris Partner Attorney Spotlight
Representatives answer calls for attorney services. Dial 800-734-4134

Legal Rights Defenders

Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Lawyers


(800) 734-4134